What is DYM200?
We’re glad you asked! We are thrilled that you are interested in applying for—and possibly attending—DYM200.
These three days will be FULL of idea-sharing, training, surprise guests, fun activities, giveaways, iron-sharpens-iron opportunities, and lots of food. This is an invitation-only youth ministry community event.
Doug & Josh here… [virtual greetings, pick your favorite emoji]… we DON’T WANT YOU TO REGISTER for DYM200… until you’ve read this. If you choose to ignore this warning… that’s on you. [smile emoji].
Seriously! Make sure this event is right for you BEFORE you sign up.
Here are some things you need to know:
- We’ve created an event that is Doug/Josh/DYM-style. It’s highly-relational, fun & funny, youth ministry focused… BUT it’s not all youth ministry. Some of the content will be more like ‘youth ministry cross-training’. In the past, we’ve talked about fitness, family, personal growth, World of Warcraft, etc. The speakers won’t necessarily be from a youth ministry background, but the concepts are intended to be applied to your ministry context. If you want 100% youth ministry speakers—this is not the event for you.
- If you are a DYM fan… well, then you’ll probably enjoy DYM200. We’ve done 3 of these gatherings before and they’ve been filled with DYM insiders, happy Gold Members, DYM podcast listeners, authors… that seems to be part of the ‘secret sauce’ to their enjoyment. If that’s not you…this gathering may not be for you.
- We don’t publish the event schedule… so, if that will cause you tension, angst, or diarrhea… this is not the event for you.
- 90-95% of our past participants have rated their experience an A/A+, BUT, 5-10% have said it was painful for them because the days were jam-packed and highly-relational, and they were [self-professed] introverts… and it was just too much for them. If you’re an off-the-charts introvert, this may not be for you.
You might be thinking, “Are you guys trying to scare people away? This doesn’t seem like very effective marketing.” Yeah, kinda… we don’t want to do just another event. We want attendees who want to be part of DYM, who want to learn more about us, get involved in what’s happening with DYM around the country, connect with other like-minded youth workers, spread the love to other youth workers in the trenches, laugh, learn, eat… and enjoy. If that’s you… this may be the event for you!
Okay! Have you read everything? If this sounds like you… sign up! If this doesn’t sound like something you’d enjoy, that’s okay! We totally get it… maybe we’ll see you at the National Youth Workers Convention in November—that will be an amazing experience too.
• Feb 19th for Alumni (limited registration)
• Feb 22nd for Gold Members
• Feb 26th for the public
DYM200 • Sept 24-26 • Southern California • $329
Mark your calendars, get the thumbs-up from your spouse, supervisor, World of Warcraft clan, and/or life coach and sign-up ASAP!
Can’t wait to see you in September!
Doug & Josh
What attendees have said about DYM100:
DYM100 was just what I needed when I needed it. I hadn’t been to a conference in years and my pace has been quite unhealthy for a long time now. I LOVE ministry and have been working with students for 17 + years now. Yet, while I didn’t want to walk away from youth ministry, I was actually contemplating what to do because I had been so spent, fried, burnt out, and discouraged where I currently am from the church culture I’m in. DYM100 renewed me, gave me some tools, and helped me see I’m not alone in this challenge. So again, thank you.
It is clear that your support and concern for youth workers is the thing that drives DYM. For one who has been doing youth ministry for 22+ years, I thank you for the excellence and creativity that defined last week. DYM100 is the best conference I have been to since I have been in ministry. It is not an exaggeration. I truly loved it.
The DYM100 last week was hands down the best conference I have been to ever. Seriously. And I have been to a lot.
I am SO thankful to have been surrounded by such an incredible group of student pastors and leaders these last few days. Thank you for looking us in the eye and speaking truth and encouragement into our lives and ministries. I love that y’all are the REAL DEAL and challenge us to be the same. Thank you for an incredible opportunity. Excited to go home refreshed and encouraged.
DYM100 was an awesome and much needed week. I showed up on day 1 as a complete stranger and I left with some pretty awesome friendships!
There is something incredibly unique that happens it just a few short days and I heard lots of guys saying that weren’t even able to put their finger on exactly what it was but they felt whatever it was, it was exactly what they needed.